Hey there! I’m Heather! I’m super pumped that you’re here, reading my blog. Geesh… it’s pretty cool thinking that someone will take the time to get to know me a little better, so thanks for your time! I appreciate it!
I’ve always enjoyed writing – writing songs, poems, journaling and I have a mild fascination with lettering. These days, blogging is the way to go if you think you have something to say that other people will wanna read. So, a blog it is! And I’m excited about it! Besides the love of writing and letters, I also needed a landing spot for all my little areas of life: parenting, my 2 businesses, marriage, faith, etc. Facebook has been filling that void for a while but I wanted to share with more people than just my Facebook friends.
I’m a little bit (HA!!) of a list maker – bullet points and all usually – so that’s how I’ll introduce myself. In a list. with bullets.
- Renee` is my middle name and I love it. I’m so grateful to my momma for giving it to me. Heather Renee’ has a lovely ring to it, I think. Also, I know that I have french heritage (along with Scottish – tons of it! – and english) and Renee` is French. How appropriate.Heather is Scottish and if you haven’t seen a Scottish heather flower, you’re missing out. They’re so beautiful. I imagine them smelling just a sweet. One day I’ll go to Scotland and frolic in a whole field of them.
- I’m a Gemini, thru and thru. I have two very different sides of me – black and white. Sometimes this makes decision-making difficult, but thankfully I have awesome friends and supportive family members (mainly my hubs, Jeremy) who help me find the lovely gray area. (hmm, Heather gray…)
- I have 3 kiddos I lovingly refer to as my “knuckleheads”.
Tyler is my stepson. We’re certain he’ll make the BEST lawyer in America – maybe even the world. This kid can argue his way out of anything – sometimes this is actually amusing and we’re impressed with his observations, but mostly it drives us crazy! So when he’s a big fancy shmancy lawyer making bookoo buckaroo’s he owes us for mental anguish! (haha jk! kinda…) He loves, and is very good at, playing basketball and dancing! Being a stepmother is hard, but it’s also a blessing! Read more about what I’ve learned as a stepmom here.
Emmah is my daughter and she’s a real whip. She’ll be a teenager this year (Lord, have mercy on me!) and she seems to be excited about this. Me, not so much, but I’m grateful to have a daughter. She makes me laugh everyday, she loves animals and tiny things (like her mother) and she’s like a second mom to her little brother. Emmah was a gift to me from God – she came just at the right time, although some would disagree with this.
Graham is the most thoughtful child I’ve ever met. He’s extremely creative, indecisive and loving. Before I had Graham I never imagined having a son, and frankly, I had no desire for a son. As a matter of fact, (and I’m slightly embarrassed to admit this, but) I cried when I found out that we were having a boy and not a girl. My late grandmother gave me the kick in the pants I needed and snapped me back into reality with “you ought to be just grateful that God’s giving you any child at all.” Amen, Grandma! Graham has been such a delight (and a learning experience, to say the least) to have in our lives. Most often, he teaches us about life and he reminds us to keep it simple. He loves dinosaurs, Pokemon and legos.
- I love pink.
- I’m an only child with two sisters (wait, what?) I have two older sisters. My step-sister lives in Texas with her husband and kitties and my half-sister lives in T-Burg, NY. We’re a well-blended family and we love it! My sisters are 12 and 13 years older than I am so I although I got to see them and spend time with them we never lived together on a daily basis, thus, I am dubbed an only child. My parents (my dad and step-mom) semi-jokingly say “We have three only children.” It’s a head-scratcher, but it’s true! Being an only child spawned my creativity and looking back into my childhood brings fond memories. I built entire forts in the woods + Lego cities + didn’t have to share a cotton pickin’ thing! HA!
- I was born without a thyroid. It’s true. It’s extremely rare (less so, nowadays) but true. Read my story here.
- I recently fell in love with bullet journaling. It makes me giddy inside because I finally found a way to organize my time that makes sense to mwah. Check out my Journaling Pinterest board here.
- I love golf! It’s the only sport I enjoy playing or watching or that I even give a hoot about. I’ve been playing since I was seven years old thanks to my Dad who insisted I start any sport. This sport seemed least likely to hurt me (my disdain for getting hurt probably stems from being an only child. I loathe and detest getting hurt). I truly believe that any child that wants to play a sport should learn the game of golf. It teaches children sports etiquette and patience.
- I love wine! My very favorite red wine is Cabernet Sauvignon (Cab Sav) and my fave white wine is oaked Chardonnay! yum… I feel super spoiled to live in the Finger Lakes area of New York. We have some fantastic wines + way cool people who make it.
- I love dark chocolate! particularly with wine 😉 Organic dark chocolate is the best – then add some cranberries or orange peel *drool*
- I do NOT enjoy cooking, but I’m picky about the ingredients of my food, so I usually end up cooking anyway. Why do I hate cooking? Because you spend all this time prepping and cooking, you serve it to your people and it’s gone in 5 mins. Super annoying. I usually end up doing one-pot-wonders or I buy it already prepped from my local and AMAZING grocery store, Wegmans.
I have to give a shout-out to my hubs, Jeremy. He’s so supportive and he does his best (most days) to deal with my craziness + my never-ending stream of new ideas that I must implement RIGHT NOW! He reminds me take a breath – or 2 – and he’s a great hugger. He works really really hard to support our family financially, especially while I have been building my businesses over the last 7 years. When I carefully mentioned to him that I was buying my domain name, his surprising response was “Finally!” IDK why I was surprised – he’s been at me to get a website for a couple of years. He surprises me often, and he makes me laugh – two of my fave things about him!