Disclaimer: This post contains links to my Arbonne Independent Consultant website. When products are purchased from this website I may earn a commission.
I’m a mom, a wife, a business owner, a friend, a daughter, and many other things. I just applied to college (yesterday! eekkk!) to start this Fall and I’m actively looking for a part-time work from home gig. I know, I’m nuts. Ha.
With all this fullness, I know that I will have to PLAN to take time out for me.
My most favorite bestest most fun things to do to take care of lil’ ol’ me are:
- Long HOT baths. Preferably with the Arbonne Rescue & Renew wash & soak, a good self-growth book, and quiet!
- Yoga. My favorite you-tuber Yogi is Juliana, from Boho Beautiful.
- Eat clean life-giving foods (and drinks). This is not for weight loss, but purely for FEELING good on the inside. When we eat God foods and oxygen forming foods we give life to our cells, our blood, our organs, and our brain. ♥
- Cardio 3 times a week. Friend, you do not need a gym membership to get your cardio on! I put on my sneakers and walk up and down my stairs 5 times (so, up 5 times, then down 5 times) twice in a day – sometimes 3 times. I don’t run – mostly because I don’t wanna trip and fall – but it does get your heart pumping and gets your blood moving!
- Meditation. I usually do this at the end of my yoga practice but you can do it anytime. Meditation isn’t some wacko hippy-dippy thing. All you have to do is sit quietly and focus on your breathing. When your mind starts to wander, bring it back to your breathing. FEEL your body sink into your chair or the floor, FEEL your chest rise and fall as you breathe, breathe in love, forgiveness, patience, Holy Spirit, and breathe out anger, resentment, evil, anxiety, unlove. Juliana (and her hubby, Mark) also has a playlist of wonderful meditation practices. I highly recommend these.
- Journaling. Every morning I write down affirmations – “I” statements – of WHO I intend on being. For instance, “I am patient, I forgive quickly and easily, I am loved by The One True King, I am an Area Manager with Arbonne.” And at night I write at least 5 things/people/events I’m grateful for that day. Sometimes it’s just 5 things, sometimes it’s 15, but always at least 5. This way, if you’ve had a horrible no good day, it will force you to see that your life is so blessed and good in spite of the trials and hardships. There have been days I wrote that I’m grateful for the pen I’m using to write this. Seriously.
- Play. Listen, lego’s aren’t going out anytime soon, and since I have an almost 9-year-old boy we have buckets of Legos. I get right down on the floor and build with my son. Usually, he gets bored and moves onto something else and I keep building. It’s mind-cleansing. Try it!
- Skin Care & Beauty. I use the Arbonne Re9 Advanced skin care set and genius nightly resurfacing pads with my Genius Ultra Device daily, but once a week I kick up my skin care regimen up a notch and use either the Cellular Renewal Masque (and skip the genius pads + ultra device) or the R&R Detox Mask. They both exfoliate and make the skin soft. Love!
- Sit by the lake. I’m incredibly blessed to live where I do. We are just a mile from Canandaigua Lake and one of the parks sits on the north shore. It’s an amazing time to sit, pray, listen to the wind and the waves and the birds. This is one of my very favorite things to do in the summer. In the winter I just sit in my car – with the heat on!
- Sing. I love to sing. It’s one of my favorite things to do and some days, in our house, the worship music is on all day and all the way up!
Now, go grab a piece of paper and a pen and start jotting down what your favorite ways to take care of yourself. So, this month, sweet one, take a load off. Take care of YOU. Show yourself some lovin’! ♥