As a Work@Home Mom my schedule sometimes – often times – makes it challenging to really soak in my knuckleheads. So I decided to make a point to spend more time with them, really soak them in now, by challenging myself to do one thing each day with them. I invite you to do the same!
Dad’s, feel free to join in!
#SoakEmUpChallenge on Instagram:
- Follow me (Heather) on Instagram @Frog7renee
- Download the prompts below.
- Spread the word by posting about the challenge using Hashtag #SoakEmUpChallenge.
- Respond to the prompts whenever you can by sharing a photo or video of you soaking in your kiddo’s, sharing your ideas, and use the hashtag. It’s never too late to jump in! All prompts are open to interpretation and/or adjustment as needed (see below).
- Check out other posts in the hashtag – engage by liking, commenting, and asking questions.
Some of these you may need to adjust depending on how many kiddo’s you have. For example, on day 9 when you watch their favorite movie or show, just do that with each each child a day at a time until you’ve watched all your kiddo’s favorite movies or shows. Then simply move onto Day 10!
Feel free to make your own challenges! A fun and easy one I just thought of is letting your kiddo have a special treat that you don’t normally let them have, just because.
For example, we don’t eat a lot of candy in our house. Much of the Halloween + Christmas candy get’s thrown away or my husband takes it to work to share. So, I might give Graham a Hershey’s Kiss because I love his kisses! I might give Emmah a mini Almond Joy because she brings so much joy into my life. ☺
Why do this challenge?
- A way to just add some extra fun into your daily routine!
- To reconnect you to your children – if you’ve been feeling distant because of work, family circumstances, or whatever the reason, use this challenge to bring you closer to your precious ones.
- To get to know your knuckleheads better – great for step parents!
- Grandparents can join in too!